A Different Game we tried in 2022! Flames of War

 In the Summer of 2022, Living Hope Alliance tried a couple of other games to add variety.  I found the Kasserine Starter Pack for "Flames of War" on Amazon really cheap.  And I bought it!  Now I love tanks a lot. In fact I take my son to the Boalsburg Military museum often to see the Sherman tank there.  "Abagail" is Peter's first love.  And when I ask Peter what does a tank say he will always say "BOOM!"


Though Flames of War claims to be a total World War 2 game.  It really makes it money selling Tanks and Armored vehicles.  So many of the games we played of Flames of War are just tank based pick up games.  We actually have never played an actual historical battle like we have with other games.  Many times the game we play is "Kill the Tiger Tank."  Which has always produced really great games that result in Aidan leaving the room when all he has to do is roll anything but a 1 to win...He rolled a 1.





This is one of Kenny's favorite games because he loves the tanks as well.  And he manages to win many of them.  There was one game I added to the German lines some Hummel Artillery pieces and Kenny was trying to warn his fellow American Players that they were in trouble but they failed to listen and well.  Only if they had listened to Kenny's Plea.

Again for some reason I never really play as the Americans when we play Flames of War.  I always end up being ganged up on as I play the germans.  Good thing I have 4 Tiger Tanks!  I sweep the Board with those.



Comments

Popular Posts