Christmas 2022 leads to the White Whale Project of 2023

 So many war gamers see the tables of napoleonic games and go.  I want to play that!!!  You see a Little Wars TV episode of of General de Armee or watch 7th Son's Blackpowder Napoleonic's Battles and go wow.  Those miniatures and that period of history is calling to me.  And why not, Napoleon's Marshalls are some of the most interesting people in history.  And the battles, wow epic!  From Lisbon to Moscow.  All of Europe is your play box.  From the sea with Nelson or the Land with Wellington.  A great period of history to tackle on the table.

But what scale? 28mm?  The miniatures would be beautiful but I would near a warehouse and 15 tables to play Waterloo.  How about 15mm?  15mm are mainly metal and costly.  6mm?  That would work for games like General De' Armee but those are tiny tiny figures.  And what about flags?  

Then my favorite maker of miniatures (and I do mean that) Warlord games gives the gift of Epic Battles Waterloo.  Guess what I asked for Christmas?


Don't worry there was more!


And So much more!!!  Let's Just say Christmas 2022 gave me project painting till September of 2023 when I got to manage a Waterloo game for the first Time!!!  Over 5,000 minis I painted from all the boxes I got for Christmas.  The total numbers in Black powder Infantry battalions.  12 British line, 3 Highlander, 16 French Line, 6 Old Guard, 8 Prussian Landwehr and 10 Prussian Line.  I painted all 3 armies and loved every minute of it.




Comments

Popular Posts