Waterloo is coming...

I still had my eyes on the prize for getting to play the Battle of Waterloo in 2023.  I was hoping to play the battle using a rule set called Snappy Nappy by August.  However, I just only finished the British Forces for the game in February of 2023.  



Though this is the best Army I have ever painted until this point with different colors of collars and sleeves to match the Battalions, it was a slower process than I thought. The Anglo-Allied Troops are the smallest of the 3 armies I needed for Waterloo.  And I only just started painting my French Line Battalions.


One of the things that I was grateful for is that Warlord Games provided and an Awesome Painting guide to each army in the starter army boxes.  Now I did not paint the French great coats brown but instead choose blue.  Yes I know the button counters will be made but I want to use these miniatures for more than just the rainy battle of Waterloo.  I want to play other battles with them, and blue is the color of the French army.  So I painted them blue.


I also made the choice of painting these minis while on the sprue.  It made it a lot easier to paint them without myself by holding the sprue.  They are also all base coated white with Army War Painter Matte White.  It won't be September of 2023 till the armies will be fully ready for battle.



Comments

Popular Posts