Johnny Reb III "Sharpsburg" Historicon 2023

 The second game I played at Historicon was a game of Johnny Reb with my Brother Jonathan.  I played commander of an understrength Confederate force while he was a part of a sizable Union element.  My objective was to protect the road that led to the Potomac and hold out to A.P. Hill arrives from harpers ferry.  



I held the center position with the strongest of the three brigades.  I deployed skirmishers to the front to delay the union advanced.  On my right my brother's union troops were engaged first and running over my comrade to the right.  To the left, my comrade was holding the high ground and backing up the union.  I was left to decide which way to help.  Both of my flanks were outlined and outgunned but A.P Hill is coming to my right side I decided to keep strong to the left.  For 2 hours real time we held the ground.  And when the game ended We trapped the union in a pincer in the north.  However we lost in the south.  My right evaporated like a fog in the early morning.  Oh well.  It was a good Game.


Comments

Popular Posts