Campy Creatures. Rule Review

 

Ever go, I wonder what it would be like to play a game where I am the Mad scientist capturing humans to experiment on.  Go no further than Campy Creatures.  One of my favorite Games to break out when the power is out and the your only exit is cut off.

My Reviews are going to be graded like classes in College; A,B,C,D,E.  At the end we will get a GPA which will determine if this game makes distinguished honor roll, honor roll, passes or fails.  A good game should at least pass with a C average. 

The categories I will be grading are 1) Presentation/Product/Package, 2) Game Rules/Mechanics, 3) Historical/fantasy Cannon Accuracy, 4) Cost/time, 5) Good Time and Memories

1) Product.  The game is a nice small package, well designed and the cards and board is a good quality.

B

2) Game Rules.  I love the mind game with an expanded version of Rock Paper Scissors to try to outbid your opponents for the right to capture a damsel in distress or avoid the heroes hunting you.  Very simple and a creative twist on an old mechanic.

A-

3) Fantasy Accuracy.  If you love B list monster movies.  you will love campy creatures.  Cheesy Vampire, got it, Godzilla knock off, got it, the blob, got it.  IGOR!!!! got it.  Scared stupid teenagers.  Plenty of those.  Do you feel like a mad scientist.  ah maybe.

B

4) Cost/time.  Cheap game from barnes and nobles and it takes less than 30 minutes.  Great price point and can play multiple games in an evening.

A

5) Good Times.  I have always had an enjoyable game of wits playing Campy Creatures because you think I put the poison in front of you but maybe I put it in front of me....

A-

The verdict is....... 3.48

You will love this game and not regret it.

Comments

Popular Posts