Battle of the Great Plains "To the Strongest"

 
The next game Jonathan and I played at Historicon was the Battle of the Great Plains during the punic wars.  I played the Carthaginian Left flank and Jonathan played the Roman Right Flank.  In a comical game of no one can more or activate anything.  The battle became a mass chaos of mystery and intrigue.


It started with my Cav and the Roman Cav going head to head on the flanks.  I rolled so many 1s that Jonathan quickly killed all my Cav and left me only infantry on the flank.  However, his Cav ran out of spears and soon became more of a nuisance than an actual tactical problem.  But the Carthaginian center was being shattered by the Roman Elite troops in the center and the Carthaginian right was a laugh and the romans were basking in their glory there... It was not turning out in our favor.


So I was the only Carthaginian who had success.  I actually broke a huge hole in Jonathans line but it was too little too late.  We lost but at least I did more killing than not and Jonathans command was splintered.  Rome received the glory for the day.







Comments

Popular Posts