Battle of Britain "Fire in the Sky"


My 4th game at Historicon was The battle of Britain with Mark's Game Room Fire in the Sky rules.  One thing that I want to say.  I had so much fun playing this game.  I am not a fan of air combat games but this game may have changed my mind.  It was fast and easy to play and We played an entire day of bombing raids in southern England in 3 hours.  If you want to see a game played online watch their YouTube channel here Masters of the Air Game.  

I played as the Luftwaffe and planned 2 large bombing raids on British airfields in southern England.  The first raid was not exactly pretty.  We lost 8 squadrons of planes to the British but successfully destroyed one airfield and severely damaged a second.  But more importantly, All allied fighters were grounded because they were used up 


My second wave was much much larger and focused on the still pristine center airfield and the damaged airfield in the west.  The British players were dismayed at the speed of my bombers (and must I say, complained way too much.  They loved to win round 1 and mocked my rolling of 1s but now that I had the fortune of the dice they were very vocal about it and crying...). So I destroyed them and mocked them in the process. All airfields destroy and all British Fighters destroyed or chased away.  It was amazing.  I left the campaign tied for the next battle and the British had lost many airfields.
GOTT MIT UNS!





 

Comments

Popular Posts