"Pratzen Heights" Test Game


My brother and I played a test game for a hex based Napoleonics game at Historicon.  It was the battle for the Pratzen Heights.  My brother and I played the French left flank.  I commanded the Guard and He commanded a French infantry Corps.  Our Plan, Jonathan was the meat shield to slowly whittle down the Russian Guard and allow the French Guard to be the heroes.  As it Should be!



The Assault on the right went quickly and broke the Austrian right in order soon, there would be chaos and the French Eagles crossing the crest of the heights over there.



As you can see, we easily outnumbered and outflanked the poor Austrians on the Right it was bloody but our French brothers did a fine job.



The Center was rather uneventful the whole game.  What our French did do was pin an entire Austrian corps down so it could do absolutely nothing and not even help the beleaguered Flanks.


My Brother and I had the numbers on our flank.  With carefully planned mass assaults.  The guard Cav kept the Russian Cav in check and they froze in fear on this December 2nd morning.  While my brother and I destroyed the Russian Guard with easy blowing right through the flank. 

With both flanks broken it was declared French Overwhelming victory.  Vive Le France.  This was game 1 of Historicon.

Comments

Popular Posts