Russo-Japanese War "Altar of Empires"

     

My last game of historicon was by far my favorite.  I got to play a game written by little wars tv before it is being published in an era there are not a lot of games.  The Russo-Japanese war.  This game was a linked game in a campaign were the Russian players changed history and I got to play as a part of the Russian center for this penultimate battle.  I had fresh veteran troops and artillery to command.  The perfect game for me.


I with another player used 5 Russian divisions to attack 1 poor Japanese Division in the center.  Our left flank sprinted for the river by passing trenches and keeping the Japanese heavy guns distracted the whole game.  The right flank attacked another series of trenches and dislodged them in a bloody attack but ours was the key to success or failure.  The Russian artillery I commanded was relentless in silencing the Japanese machine guns and eliminating them from the field.  Then 5 Russian divisions moved in and struck the trenches.  The first attack was repulsed but resulted in more Japanese casualties than Russian.


My 2 divines not just unloaded the Japanese guard from the trenches but soundly defeated them and causing them to run towards the bridge.  My ally commander split the trench line and dislodge the other end.  We inflicted more casualties on the Japanese than we took and the Trench line belong to us at the end of the day.  We also took the bridge as well!!!!

We Gained a foothold and allowing for a follow up attack with the opportunity to destroy the Japanese and Free up the siege of Port Arthur.  Long live the Tsar!!!!










Comments

Popular Posts